Factor's end goal is to help you build complete web apps without spending time reinventing the wheel.
Goals and Non-Goals
The goal of Factor is to help front-end developers ship web apps they can be proud of.
- Focus on the needs of front-end developers
- "One-click" plugin installation and configuration (
yarn add ...)
- Robust theme system
- Reduce the need to "reinvent the wheel"
- Minimize vendor lock-in
- Create a simple and elegant development experience
- Follow modular and minimal design patterns
- No drag-and-drop builder bloat (can be added via extension)
- No needless abstraction (minimal 3rd party code)
- No UI framework bloat e.g. Material, Bootstrap (can be added via themes)
- No bloat in general (yes, we hate bloat)
Factor is a combination of the following:
- An extension system for plugins and themes
- A CMS oriented dashboard and data model
We'll dive into the details of the dashboard, data model, plugins, themes and framework in a bit.
If you haven't installed Factor yet, let's move on to the Factor Quickstart →